Ultimate Meter Challenge Entry Form
Complete this form to be entered into the Ultimate Meter Challenge. Brought to you by Zenner USA.
- 1st Place: $500 gift card
- 2nd Place: $300 gift card
- 3rd Place: $100 gift card
- All competitors will receive a Zenner T-Shirt and water bottle.
1st Place will automatically advance to compete at NRWA’s WaterPro Conference, September 9-11, 2024, Savannah, GA, for a chance to win a trip for 2 to Hawai’i by winning the Ultimate Meter Challenge.
- The contest is open to MRWS 2024 Annual Conference attendees who own or work at a utility (i.e. cities, municipalities, water districts, etc.) MRWS Staff and Board Members as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members, are not eligible to enter. Entrants MUST be present in person at the MRWS 2022 Annual Conference to compete in the Ultimate Meter Challenge.
This Competition is to test and measure individuals on how quickly, totally, and accurately they can assemble a working meter. All parts will be assembled to the diagram given, meter will be tested for leaks, meter will be disassembled to ensure it was assembled properly and no parts are missing.
This is a test of skill for individuals. To facilitate many competitors, we will be conducting a single elimination tournament, where the loser of each match-up is immediately eliminated from the tournament. Each winner will play another in the next round, until the final match-up, whose winner becomes the Challenge Winner.
Each individual competitor will be required to completely assemble a water meter commonly utilized by water utilities for residential customers. The faster build with zero leaks in each match up will be the winner and move on to next bracket.
Each competitor will be furnished with a meter kit. This kit will contain a completely disassembled meter. In addition, random parts will be added to this kit. These random parts could/could not be related to the meter. Each kit will have the same extra parts, this will ensure that the competitor is thoroughly familiar with all parts of the meter he/she is assembling.
- The contest is ONLY open to MRWS 2024 Annual Conference attendees who own or work at a utility (i.e. cities, municipalities, water districts, etc.).
- A time period of no more than five (5) minutes shall be allowed for each competitor to complete his/her meter assembly.
Contest Entry is NOW OPEN!
- You will be mailed a practice meter to put together before the contest. You do not have to return this meter to Zenner.
- All day Thursday, March 21, Zenner will host timed trials on the stage in the 2024 MRWS Conference Exhibit Hall.
- Each competitor will be ready to compete on Thursday morning.
- Competitors will have the opportunity to be timed twice on the assembly of the meter. The best time of both times will be recorded to record. The top 16 times will move on to the Sweet 16 single-elimination challenge. The single-elimination challenge will be held right after the Banquet on Thursday evening.
- All competitors in the round must completely assemble the meter to have a qualifying time of record. The meters will then be tested for leaks and function.
- In order to advance, the best time recorded will need to be on the top 16 best times. Only the top 16 competitors will advance to the Single Elimination Tournament. 16 Competitors will go head-to-head to see who can assemble meters the fastest and most correct.
- The Sweet 16 Single-Elimination Tournament will take place Thursday evening after the Banquet.
- This is a single-elimination, knockout, or sudden death elimination tournament where the loser of each match-up is immediately eliminated from the tournament. Each winner will compete in the next round, until the final match-up, whose winner becomes the tournament champion. Third place will be the matchup of the eliminated competitors from the final four contestants who didn’t advance to the finals.