Advanced Pump & Equipment, Inc. is looking for a water/wastewater operator.
- High School Diploma
- Must have basic computer skills.
No specific experience is required, but wastewater or water system operation is a plus, and ability to acquire Operator Certificates is required. Must be detailed oriented, have good problem solving skills, and a quick learner.
Location & Travel:
Position is based in Belgrade MT. Typical work week will be Monday through Friday, with additional weekend work available at times.
There may also be periodic travel for trainings, conferences/trade shows, etc. Travel expenses, including per diem are provided during required travel.
Water and wastewater operational duties will fill ~70% of the work for this position. These duties include:
- Operate and maintain a variety of water and wastewater treatment, pumping and disposal systems,
- Perform general maintenance fixes on the systems as needed and in a timely manner, examples include: replacing pump seals, changing motor oil, etc.
- Understand how water and wastewater treatment works and how it pertains to each system we are operating
- Communicate with customers when needed, including preparation of written reports and recommendations,
- Communicate with the APE office on how things are operating and when things aren’t working properly
- Fill out proper checklists and sheets at each site fully,
- Input checklists to cloud-based file system and deliver to appropriate personnel in a timely manner,
- Schedule, collect and deliver water and wastewater samples on or before the deadlines
Field crew support duties will be ~15% of workload and will include the following specific tasks:
- Help with service call items when needed, examples include: pump removal/cleaning/repair, filter and screen cleaning, pipe jetting (cold and hot water), control panel troubleshooting, electrical component (e.g. contactors, relays, etc.) replacement, microprocessor (re)programing with factory support,
- Run a crew of 2 or more technicians when needed,
- Shop and vehicle cleaning and maintenance,
- Some heavy lifting of tools, pumps, etc. will be required,
- Driving company vehicles safely and in accordance with insurance policy requirements (i.e. keep a clean driving record).
Service sales/sales support duties will be ~15% of workload and will include the following specific tasks:
- Track down new service contract leads
- Contact potential service customers
- Help sales department with potential service leads or let them know of leads to pursue
This position involves working closely with personnel within APE, and customers in the field. Must be able to work with a team or alone through installation support, start-up services, troubleshooting, monitoring, reporting, etc.
Supervisor: In the position of Regional Manager, Andrew Huggins will be your direct supervisor. He will be responsible for your training and to help prioritize the different projects you will be working on.
Other key personnel include:
- Office and Human Resources Manager – Jennifer Bos
- General Manager – Matt Huggins
- Field Supervisor – Matt Hamilton
As needed, your supervisor and managers will be responsible for working with you to develop a personalized training plan for areas that are identified by you or a manager as needing additional training. We understand that there is a lot of different material to learn and will provide time and resources to build on your skills over time. Much of the training will be while working on active projects.
Expectations for training include:
- Ability to troubleshoot all parts of an electrical control panel.
- Understanding pumps, pump curves, and motors.
- Understand water and wastewater treatment. How it works, general components in all systems, etc.
- Understand single vs. three phase power, relationships between volts, amps, watts, etc.
- Able to collect, correctly fill out chain of custody documents, deliver/ship and interpret water and wastewater samples.
- Become water and wastewater operator certified in MT and ND.
Some time will be provided to study at your own pace while on the job. Although not required, additional study on your own time will be useful to you. Examples of topics that are well suited for homework include operator certification test preparation, textbook study for general industry knowledge, etc.
On occasion, opportunities for on-site factory trainings will come up. These will involve several days of travel to the factory and focused training sessions.
This is a full-time hourly wage position.
Your full compensation package will include:
- Wage DOE
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent Group Health Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Send resume to : Andrew Huggins via email – email@example.com
Or call Andrew if you have questions: Cell: 406-570-6843 Office: 406-586-1700