American Leak Detection – Field Technician in Billings, Montana
**Health Benefits, Training, and a Fully Equipped Company Vehicle**
Are you looking for a career opportunity with an award-winning team?
American Leak Detection is the world leader in non-invasive leak detection and our office has an immediate opening for a Field Technician in Billings, Montana
Are you interested in relocating to one of the most beautiful and vibrant areas in the US? An area with one of the lowest cost of living rates in the country?
Location: You will be based out of Billings, MT but travel will be necessary. There will be larger amounts of driving since we cover such a large service area, so someone who doesn’t mind driving long distances would be a great fit.
At American Leak Detection your training is included along with excellent benefits and company vehicle.
We use highly advanced equipment and each job will be challenging and different.
Upon completion of our training process, the applicant will locate water leaks and solve water infiltration issues for both residential and commercial clients.
We are a customer service business and our goal is to provide professional, timely service to every one of our customers.
Our fundamental goal is saving water that is needlessly lost to leaks and our service is in demand.
Our customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipalities. We are unique because we prevail where others fail and we need technicians that are up to the challenge.
Job Responsibilities would include:
1) Diagnosing leak issues and following techniques developed by ALD.
2) Creating professionally written reports to effectively describe the leak issue.
3) Extending courtesy and thoughtfulness to all customers – we are there to solve their problems!
4) Regularly communicating with office staff and Technician Manager
5) Must be able, on occasion, to work after hours and weekends.
6) Travel within mainly Montana, Northern Idaho & occasionally Eastern Washington is required (position includes a company-supplied vehicle)
7) Taking care of our customers, one leak at a time!
Our Ideal Candidate:
1) 2-3 years of experience in leak detection, construction, handyman, home inspection, pipeline, or restoration background required.
2) Has excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
3) Must be self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently.
4) Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work independently.
5) Must have a mechanical mindset and a proven ability to problem-solve.
6) Thrives when faced with a challenge.
7) Learns quickly and respects the value of our high standards for customer service.
8) Has a high standard of professionalism and character.
9) Has some college education – exceptions may be considered
10) Has knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
11) Veterans from all branches are highly encouraged to apply!
12) Must be able to pass background and driving record checks for insurance purposes
$35,000-$37,000 (Compensation varies based on experience)
Notes on the position for you to consider;
- Training for the Field Technician position is Paid and would take place in Hayden, ID.
- The training period in Hayden, ID is typically between 3-6 months depending on the applicant.
- A clean driving record is necessary as you will be driving a company truck and, insured to do so through your employment.
- Because of our insurance requirements and our National contracts, you must be able to pass a vigorous background test.
- Upon completion of the training period, the Field Technician would be dispatched from the Billings, Montana area.
- There is an average of 1-3 nights per week of paid overnight travel that will be required – this fluctuates with business.
- This is a full-time position and because we are a growing business, your average workweek hours can vary from 26 to 50+ hours per week.
- Because of the physical requirements of the position, you must be able to carry equipment, get into attics, basements, crawl spaces, and onto the occasional roof.
If interested, please contact us for more information and to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $37,000.00 per year